Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mystery of the World: The 'Valley Girl' Girl


ok, so this has bothered me for years...and maybe i'm the only person on the planet who cares, but what is the deal with the 'Valley Girl' poster?
i mean the girl in the poster is definitely NOT Deborah Foreman (the lead actress).  her hair, her dress, her FACE!!  nicolas coppola/cage is so obviously depicted...i just don't get it.  what happened to julie?
can someone please explain this to me?  what is the deal?  anyone?

p.s.  if you haven't seen this movie, do it, please.  it's more than just cheese and nostalgia for a time i wish i could have more fully experienced.  it really transcends the usual crap that comes from nick cage.  promise.

AND it has a super rad soundtrack.  par exemple:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"[T]he usual crap that comes from nick cage"?! It's time to look at Adaptation, The Weather Man, Leaving Las Vegas, Wild at Heart, RAISING ARIZONA...hell, I'll even throw in The Rock. Overall, a pretty decent filmography. At the very least his roles are always interesting.

I linked here from Chris's blog and I can only hear G Charles' voice when I read these words. Come to think of it, he often dreamt of an "awesome shop"...

me said...

ok, ok. i'll concede...raising arizona was great, as was fast times (although his role was less-than-minor), but come on!!

ghost rider?! national treasure?! NEXT?!!!!!

you are only reinforcing my point that he was good, WAS.

now he is complete shite.

p.s. i still love you. agree to disagree.